- Now I’m not easily impressed having been blessed to see and experience what are considered impressive things such as the Eiffel Tower, Colosseum, Sistine Chapel, Windsor Castle, Golden Gate Bridge, Niagara Falls, just to name a few. But the Ark Encounter is right up there, not just because it’s an immense, jaw-dropping structure. But because it tells of the grace of God. He chose to save mankind through one family. What a wonderful, foreshadowing picture. God still chooses to save us through THE One — by faith in Jesus Christ.
- Southern girls like them some make-up. Not judging. Just saying I saw a lot of false eyelashes. And I’m weird enough to notice that kind of thing.
- When I was a kid, we said “you’re busted” when we fought. My kids say “your roasted” or “you’re sliced.” What are they, slabs of beef?
- Reese Pieces and Dr. Pepper is a really fun combination. Also I can’t eat junk without my stomach paying for it anymore.
- The “something died” mystery smell in our van was solved. A half-eaten box of white cheddar Cheezits soaked in apple juice and shoved under a seat.
I spoke to Justin’s nurse on the phone and got the going rogue thing sorted out. But he will need to go back to clinic Tuesday. Not gonna pretend I’m not scared to go through that same torturous ordeal again. I know Justin will be afraid. My prayer is to have the same trust in Jesus when held to the fire as we do while enjoying the blessing of a holiday. I can’t expect a six-year-old to believe the same, so I hope he can still trust me. And that I can stand up under the pain and pressure of helplessly watching my child suffer.
This is Katie Pierantozzi, home again after ten hours in a car, with piles of laundry and a sore rear end. Thank you for coming along with me. Grace be with you, my friends.